Your Primary Goal Is To Add Value and Make More Money
Your highest goal should be to Add Value.
The best way to make more money is to Add Value to your audience. You first must know how to convey value your audience; then they will be drawn to you.
That is the message that my guest, Derek Lott shares on this podcast of MAKE MORE MONEY BY GIVING BETTER PRESENTATIONS Derek is a master communicator and an award-winning speaker, who is using those skills to help others to achieve their personal and professional goals through his GOAL CAMP podcasts and boot camp.
Derek Lott has been mentoring professionals for over 30 years while working for corporations in technology and retail, and through his own coaching business. Derek confides that he is more concerned now about his legacy: what will he leave behind for Family, Friends, Future Generations. He defines his legacy as wisdom, well-being and wealth (the 3-W’s).
In the podcast, Derek shares 7 strategies on how to ADD VALUE and MAKE MORE MONEY:
How can you ADD VALUE?
- Focus on what you know; Master what you already have
- Find Your “Value Proposition Platform” – the topic(s) you have mastered, that you can ADD VALUE to your audience
- Organize your knowledge; Systematize your content
- Find mentors; mentors are the cornerstone finding your value to others
- Don’t be afraid to work, do what others are afraid to do (fortitude, tenacity, persistence)
How can you GIVE BETTER PRESENTATIONS?
- Draw your audience in with speaking skills (eye contact, rate, annunciation, metaphors, similes, etc.)
- Interact with your audience before you speak (gather information, be comfortable) so you can connect when on the stage
- Vulnerable personal stories resonate, build a connection
- You don’t have to be perfect; you have to be real
- Give yourself time to grow your public speaking skills
How can you MAKE MORE MONEY?
- To be successful, you first must know how to convey value (add value to your audience)
- Start with a message
- Think about your legacy: what will you leave behind for Family, Friends, Future Generations (3-Fs)
- Your legacy is defined by your wisdom, your well-being, your wealth (3-Ws)
- Your customer is your past self; know how to market to your past self
- Be able to identify your audience if they walked into a room
- You get fulfillment by sharing value with others
Your next step is to visit Derek’s web site (http://DerekCLott.com), and sign up for his podcast, GOAL CAMP.
I want to help you to give better presentations. I want to help you make more money by giving better presentations.
ADD VALUE. BE VALUED.